Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fickle Goes to the Auction

Well, you know by now my love from jumping from one hobby to the next. My latest adventure has taken me to the auction!

With some time off this summer, the whole family loaded up and went off to visit some of our family that lives in a vacation state! We went to the beach, ate enormous amounts of seafood, spent hours upon hours in our house's little pool, and wait for it....went to an auction.

This isn't Christie's I'm talking about here, friends. This is Storage Wars style auction in a big 'ole hot, sweaty warehouse.

You bid on big boxes of what may very well be junk, or it may be a gold mine. My uncle, who is retired, does this on the side to make some money. He goes and bids on boxes and then resells whatever is good on Ebay. It's just a hobby, really, so he let us go through his latest haul and see what it was like! I can't even begin to explain the crazy stuff we found!

Mother and I being our OCD selves went through it and organized it all for him, so he could list it a little bit easier.

A few days later we were off to he auction house warehouse ourselves! We got a box of so many cool things! There were electronics galore that Pickle was jumping up and down over. What were Mother and I most excited about? About 20 bottles of Meyer's cleaning products and soaps and about 10 bottles of Method cleaning products and soaps!

Crazy, I know, but considering the low price we got our box for? It was like hitting the jackpot!!

The not fun part? Loading up our finds in an already overstuffed van and roadtripping back 9 hours. I will still chalk it up as a win, though.

This is my life. A random assortment of crazy stories. On to the next adventure!

What are your family vacations like? I'm assuming not very similar to ours! Tell me about your normalcy-maybe one day we can achieve it.

-F

No comments:

Post a Comment